Having your independence is more important than you may think. Even if you aren’t supporting yourself now, it’s good to know that you can.
People don’t always stay in our lives forever, so it’s critical that you learn how to be happy with your life no matter who walks in or out of it. Rihanna is a great example of what this looks like. She does her thing, dates when she’s ready but never lets a breakup slow down her hustle. Rihanna makes it very clear when she isn’t looking for a man, and that when she is, she won’t be settling.
Here are some of the singer’s most inspiring quotes about being your own woman:
- The minute you learn to love yourself, you won’t want to be anyone else
- My story is definitely going to be a happily ever after, no matter what
- I am happy and I am single
- When you realize what's important to you, who you live for, a lot of people will actually start living. I am not going to get caught up in that. I’m going to look back on my life and say that I enjoyed, and lived it for me.
- I could never identify with that word, weak
- I don’t have time to be lonely
- If you don’t live your life, then who will?
- I always believed that when you follow your heart or gut, when you really follow the things that feel great to you, you can never lose because settling is the worst feeling in the world.
What is your favorite Rihanna line?