It’s 2018 and you are probably trying to figure out how you can have a year as good as Cardi B's 2017.
I want to encourage you that sometimes the small things in life make a huge difference. We often wish that we had more time in a day and that will take us for a loop. Sometimes we do have enough time in a day if we know how to use it wisely.
It’s all about how you look at your day, how you schedule your time and what you do to make it count.
Here are 5 useful things you can do daily in 20 mins or less:
1. Pray and/or meditate - Every morning I wake up, I read a devotional and pray. Talk to your creator, the universe, whichever you prefer. It makes a big difference because you are setting the tone for a positive day.
2. Write - Writing is considered therapy and a life saver. If you have ideas, lists, or even names you need to remember. WRITE. Taking 10-15 minutes to write every day or even every other day can make a big difference. A free write allows you to get things off your mind, clear your space and prepare for creativity.
RELATED: The Best Apps For Managing Your Time
3. Plan You week - Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance. You Can take 20 mins or less to prepare for your week and things you have to do. You can do 20 minutes of this every single day until you become a pro.
4. Exercise - This probably should have been the second thing but if you have a lot to do, 20 minutes of exercise can eventually get you tight and tone the way you want to be. You have to start somewhere.
5. Network - Yes, Meet someone new. This is a huge deal because of course, if you’re trying to make it in this world, you should be trying to meet someone new in or out of your desired field.
6. Take A Nap - Sleep child! If you have a lot to do and your schedule is always on green or busy, taking a quick 20 minute nap in the car on your way to a gig (thank God for Uber!), it will make big difference in your day. Resting heals the body and rejuvenates the mind.
7. Read - Reading is so essential. Elementary schools require about 20-30 minutes of reading. How beneficial is this? Well, there are plenty of words you have never heard of waiting to be discovered inside the pages of a good book. Reading exercises the mind. Imagine what 20 minutes of reading can do!
Do you have impactful things you can do in 20 minutes? Share them with us!
Brittney Parker was also known as Miss Parker is a Native of Southern California. Brittney began her career as a model and host for Seventeen Magazine’s runway and promotional shows which opened the door to partnering opportunities with brands such as Macy’s, American Eagle and Aeropostale. She also began creating content on YouTube for MissParkerTV and other YouTube content creators.
In August 2014, Miss Parker was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. The illness has given her a drive and desire to learn more about the disease, to bring awareness and find a cure. Currently, Miss Parker is curating a platform for young girls called Visionista University. Her plan is to work with other Visionistas within the entertainment industry and to help create opportunities for other young women who are Visionistas and need to focus on their vision.